New Year’s Eve is almost upon us, and Robert Faires of the Austin Chronicle puts in a plug for Austin’s massive First Night street festival as a dregs-of-the-year destination. According to Faires, at this year’s event, the fifth, "some 850 local creatives will be contributing their talents to the celebration over the eight hours between 4pm and midnight" with more loud flaming objects than you can shake a stick at.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015