The Andy Warhol Foundation is fundng a scheme to renovate a row of houses facing Los Angeles’ primo folk-art site, the Watts Towers, into a headquarters building, a coffee shop that will be run by neighborhood residents, and a gallery and meeting hall that can also house out-of-town artists. Seven out of the 20 homes are currently undergoing renovations.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015