The Meadows Museum named painter and educator Juliette McCullough as the recipient of the 2008 Moss/Chumley Artist Award, given annually to an outstanding North Texas artist. A native of England, McCullough moved to Dallas in 1987. Frank Moss and Jim Chumley were Dallas art dealers; the Moss/Chumley Memorial Fund was begun in 1989 by Frank Moss and the Meadows Museum as a tribute to Jim Chumley; Moss’s name was added to the memorial fund upon his death in 1991. Established in 1995, the Moss/Chumley Award is given in their memory. The award is open to artists working in any medium who reside in one of the 11 North Texas counties.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015