The first annual MAWF is scheduled to take place at Angelo’s in Houston on Friday evening, December 11, 7pm- midnight, with a fashion show beginning at 9pm. J. Giroux creates a live painting, Whitney Riley is curating work for the walls and Michael Henderson is curating video work that will be on view throughout evening. DJ Psychedelic Sex Panther will be spinning some tunes. The fashion show features work from local designers Morgan Gilliland (Morgan Elizabeth Designs), Teresa O’Connor (Hello-Lucky and Lucky T’s) and Bronwyn Lauder (Freddie Barrett). A portion of the sales from this whole multi-genre shebang benefits the Houston Salvation Army.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015