Dr. Nada Shabout, associate professor of art history at the University of North Texas, has been awarded a $50,000 grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Institute of Museum and Library Service to create a publicly accessible archive of missing Iraqi art. Since 2003, Shabout has been gathering images of missing artwork from the Iraqi Museum of Modern Art in Baghdad, which was damaged following the invasion that year. The grant will allow for the construction of a database archiving her research, and accessible to other scholars.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015