Th USS Westfield, a union battleship that ran aground and was scuttled near the entrance to the Texas City Ship Channel in 1863, is being documented and salvaged as part of a plan to dredge the channel 5 feet deeper. Divers visited the wreck, which sits under 47 feet of water last week. Artifacts removed from the site will be conserved and distributed to reputable museums.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015