Research on the psycho-social, historical, and dietary ramifications of Thanksgiving, the only all-American, all invented holiday, is a fertile field for researchers. Blogger Tom Jacobs of Miller-McCune magazine samples the smorgasboard of analysis. What is the connection between football, mincemeat and the battle of Gettysburg? Are Native Americans symbolized by stuffed turkeys?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015