Research on the psycho-social, historical, and dietary ramifications of Thanksgiving, the only all-American, all invented holiday, is a fertile field for researchers. Blogger Tom Jacobs of Miller-McCune magazine samples the smorgasboard of analysis. What is the connection between football, mincemeat and the battle of Gettysburg? Are Native Americans symbolized by stuffed turkeys?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015