According to Mary Beard, Professor of Classics at the University of Cambridge and Times (UK) correspondent, reminds us that the ancient Greeks weren’t dogmatic about the alignment of their temples: although they preferred an east-west axis , any convenient orientation would do, depending on local geography.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015