According to Mary Beard, Professor of Classics at the University of Cambridge and Times (UK) correspondent, reminds us that the ancient Greeks weren’t dogmatic about the alignment of their temples: although they preferred an east-west axis , any convenient orientation would do, depending on local geography.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015