As the debut performance to the month long exhibition, No Lone Zone, artist Daphane Park will will perform a continuous three-day meditative act, rebuilding abandoned and broken guitars in an amorphously shaped tent made from a skin of raw and felted wool designed to ‘super conduct life force energy.’ Beginning Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 6pm at Creative Research Laboratory, Austin. An accompanying sound installation by David Marshall (SHRINES) completes the experience, encouraging participants to enter a meditative state. The composition is influenced by discoveries of B-flat, a note associated with Black Holes and thought, through its very low hum, to actually produce matter. The performance is a benediction to the destructive force inherent in the creative process.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015