Curry Glassell, 54, daughter of late philanthropist and fisherman Alfred Glassell, is going to court today to contest her father’s 2003 will. At stake: the division of the oilman’s $500 million estate, about half of which he left to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Curry Glassell’s lawyers contend that Alfred Glassell was unduly pressured by the MFAH to change his will, reducing her inheritance to a tenth of its previous value. Lawyers for the MFAH believe otherwise. The case In Re Estate of Alfred C. Glassell Jr., 384045, Probate Court, Harris County, Texas (Houston).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015