The Brownsville Museum of Fine Art has created a memorial fund to honor its late executive director, Barry T. Horn, who was killed last week on the eve of the museum’s annual gala. The new fund will support a public art program throughout the City of Brownsville. Eddie Knebel, board president said that “Barry strongly believed that art should be available to all."
The memorial fund was immediately presented with a $10,000 check from George Ramirez, owner of Polibrid Coatings.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015