Frank Stella’s last, biggest, protractor-series painting, Damascus Gate (Stretch Variation III), 1970, has been acquired by the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. THe long, long painting is currently on view on the curved back wall of the in the MFAH’s Mies Van Der Rohe building. MFAH director Peter Marzio called the way the curved painting sits on Mies curved wall a "revelation."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015