The Amon Carter Museum has loaned seven of its over 300 works by ur-western artist C. M. Russell to a roundup in Denver. Six paintings and one sculpture will be part of The Masterworks of Charles M. Russell in the ultramodern Daniel Libeskind-designed Denver Art Museum, known locally as "that DAM building." On view through January 10, 2010. Don’t worry! The show travels to Houston and the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, whose recent acquisition of 13,000 objects related to Russell’s life and work made it the new epicenter of Russellmania.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015