Barry T. Horn, 59 year-old the executive director of the Brownsville Museum of Fine Art was found stabbed to death Saturday afternoon at his home on his late father’s palm tree ranch just hours before the museum’s Anniversary Benefit Gala. Ernesto Ivan Martinez, 19, Horn’s partner, described as a "person of interest" in the case, who had been living with until a recent break-up, was detained in Matamoros by Mexican police on Sunday. The gala was held as scheduled. Houston artist Paul Horn, a cousin of the deceased, described him as "a real intellectual."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015