On Saturday, October 24, it’s Dia de Los Muertos where it matters most: Mexic-Arte, the official Mexican and Mexican American fine art museum of Texas. The 2009 Viva la Vida Fest kicks off at 2pm on the 5th St between Congress and Brazos in Austin. Eco-friendly, the festival is asking featured artists Federico Archuleta, Ana Salinas, Fidencio Duran, and Regina Vater to create their work out of recycled, re-used, and sustainable materials. Bands, teatro, ballet folklorico, and cine, too! FREE!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015