Sew Crafty opens its doors at 321 W 19th st. in Houston Heights on October 24 from 10-5 with a new drop-in “urban sewing lounge" modeled after San Franciso’s now defunct Stitch Lounge. The new business aims to capitalize on the traditional social/communal aspect of crafting by providing a shared workspace, classes and events for the crafting community. If you can swallow expressions like "craft-tasticness," and "sew excited," it’s part of the ongoing rehabilitation of crafting as cool.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015