Sew Crafty opens its doors at 321 W 19th st. in Houston Heights on October 24 from 10-5 with a new drop-in “urban sewing lounge" modeled after San Franciso’s now defunct Stitch Lounge. The new business aims to capitalize on the traditional social/communal aspect of crafting by providing a shared workspace, classes and events for the crafting community. If you can swallow expressions like "craft-tasticness," and "sew excited," it’s part of the ongoing rehabilitation of crafting as cool.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015