The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and Rice University are set to unveil the working prototype of a system that could revolutionize art storage. Fresh from an all-nite campout at Chic-Fil-A in Port Arthur, Kristi Day, Caleb Brown, Nicole Garcia, and Rhodes Coffey, (the four Rice University undergraduate students in Rice’s inaugural Engineering and Design for Art and Artifact program) have come up with a replacement for the old-fashioned crate. The unnamed storage system will be unveiled at a media reception Wednesday, but if you want a spoiler, the Houston Chronicle’s has a picture of the newfangled box on their arts blog today!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015