Michelle White’s been promoted to associate curator at the Menil Collection, which means 1) a much-deserved promotion for a talented young curator (currently working on a show of Richard Serra drawings for the Menil’s Drawing Institute); and 2) in case anyone thought they might, they will not be tapping the late 20-something to fill the shoes of the departing Franklin Sirmans. Here’s hoping they can find someone who will stick. Perhaps, since the Menil’s deal is mainly 20th century, not contemporary, they won’t make another edgy contemporary pick? It’s one of the few plum curatorial jobs open in the country right now, so they should be able to get their pick of the litter.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017