Michelle White’s been promoted to associate curator at the Menil Collection, which means 1) a much-deserved promotion for a talented young curator (currently working on a show of Richard Serra drawings for the Menil’s Drawing Institute); and 2) in case anyone thought they might, they will not be tapping the late 20-something to fill the shoes of the departing Franklin Sirmans. Here’s hoping they can find someone who will stick. Perhaps, since the Menil’s deal is mainly 20th century, not contemporary, they won’t make another edgy contemporary pick? It’s one of the few plum curatorial jobs open in the country right now, so they should be able to get their pick of the litter.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016