The Menil Collection’s board of trustees approved plans for the museum’s expansion southwards, demolishing the aging, Menil-owned Richmont Square apartment complex and possibly replacing it with new, more profitable residential development along Richmond St. The Renzo Piano building will remain the focal point of the campus, with additional green space, more specialized gallery buidings and a cafe.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015