The Menil Collection’s board of trustees approved plans for the museum’s expansion southwards, demolishing the aging, Menil-owned Richmont Square apartment complex and possibly replacing it with new, more profitable residential development along Richmond St. The Renzo Piano building will remain the focal point of the campus, with additional green space, more specialized gallery buidings and a cafe.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015