Forget CERN’s jinxed Hadron collider: The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and Rice University are set to unveil the working prototype of a system that has the potential to revolutionize storage practices in the field of art conservation. Fresh from an all-nite campout at Chic-Fil-A in Port Arthur, Kristi Day, Caleb Brown, Nicole Garcia, and Rhodes Coffey, (the four undergraduate students in Rice’s inaugural Engineering and Design for Art and Artifact program) have come up with a replacement for the old-fashioned crate. The unnamed storage system will be unveiled at a media reception Wednesday.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015