That Bastion of French culture and tourist mecca, Paris’ Louvre museum, has announced that it will repatriate five ancient Egyptian fresco fragments that the Egyptian government claims were stolen in the 1980’s. In an seemingly unrelated story, the world’s most visited museum will allow a McDonald’s franchise in Le Carrousel du Louvre, the adjacent subterranean mall.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015