That Bastion of French culture and tourist mecca, Paris’ Louvre museum, has announced that it will repatriate five ancient Egyptian fresco fragments that the Egyptian government claims were stolen in the 1980’s. In an seemingly unrelated story, the world’s most visited museum will allow a McDonald’s franchise in Le Carrousel du Louvre, the adjacent subterranean mall.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015