Artist Karyn Olivier‘s Houston billboard project, scheduled to launch this October, is progressing: according to her blog, she’s sussed out 13 likely billboards to repurpose. Based on Magritte’s (or was it a Far Side strip by Gary Larson?) famous painting in which a painting of a landscape replaces the landscape seen out the window, Olivier will replace the pieces of landscape and sky obscured by the boards with photographs of same.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015