Artist Karyn Olivier‘s Houston billboard project, scheduled to launch this October, is progressing: according to her blog, she’s sussed out 13 likely billboards to repurpose. Based on Magritte’s (or was it a Far Side strip by Gary Larson?) famous painting in which a painting of a landscape replaces the landscape seen out the window, Olivier will replace the pieces of landscape and sky obscured by the boards with photographs of same.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015