The economy is looking up, and it’s time to sweep away the toys and trash, snippets and tatters of Houston’s local art back into the streets where it was found. Today it’s closing party/catalog release time for No Zoning: Artists Engage Houston, the Contemporary Arts Museum’s long-running recession-beater show. Workshop Houston has a hull-turning party for it’s plywood yacht, singin’ sea chanties the while, Mel Chin shows up with a band to collect fundred dollar bills. 7-10 pm at CAMH.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015