Say what you will about it, but let me tell you: I freaking love Twitter. Never before has social media allowed for such easy
stalking following of so many people and organizations at once. My list, like anyone’s, include actual friends, crushes, colleagues, frenemies, ex-boyfriends, celebrities, intellectual giants…you get the idea. On Facebook, it’s creepy to “friend” people whom you don’t or barely know. On Twitter? Anything goes. We live in truly astounding times, and it is revolutionizing the way we think. Below is a video crammed with interweb fun facts sure to boggle the brain:
Ok so if schools are supposedly sucking away our creativity, if degrees are meaning less and less, where does all of this intellectual virtual meandering fit in to our interior lives?
How are you using the Internet? Are you passively following acquaintances from high school all day long on Facebook? Are you consuming hundreds of images on visual art blogs? Are you digging for local events or new restaurants or bands to go see? Are you using the web as a site for personal reflection?
also by Kate Watson
- Interview with RoseLee Goldberg - January 25th, 2010
- Stuff I love about EAST - November 13th, 2009
- One is silver and the other... - November 6th, 2009
- A Conversation with Arturo Palacios on the eve of his move to Houston - November 4th, 2009
- Don’t bore us, get to the chorus (that means you, Dave Hickey!) - October 22nd, 2009