Kicking off the fall art season with its 17th cocktail party/ awards ceremony/mini-retrospective, the Dallas Contemporary has announced year’s Contemporary Legends: zombie painter Vernon Fischer, who you all know about; Nash Flores, who successfully built a new Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts; and Arlene & John Dayton, philanthropists and contemporary art collectors. The big affair is Thursday, September 17, 2009 at the Dallas Contemporary, 2801 Swiss Avenue, promising a color theme selected by the fashionistas at Neiman Marcus and hors d’oeuvres by top Dallas chefs.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015