As Michael Peranteau mentioned to Rick Lowe, Houston’s arts community use to be much more politically active. This Tuesday evening there’s a general meeting/get together to discuss how the Houston arts community can bring forth its voice in the political arena on issues including health care reform and Quincy Jones’ proposal for a secretary of the arts. Nestor Topchy has offered Avant Garden as a place to meet. Tuesday, September 15, 6 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015