As Michael Peranteau mentioned to Rick Lowe, Houston’s arts community use to be much more politically active. This Tuesday evening there’s a general meeting/get together to discuss how the Houston arts community can bring forth its voice in the political arena on issues including health care reform and Quincy Jones’ proposal for a secretary of the arts. Nestor Topchy has offered Avant Garden as a place to meet. Tuesday, September 15, 6 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015