Based on a blog he read, your Republican Texas Senator, John Cornyn, has grave doubts about the "politicization of the NEA" calling it "particularly dangerous at a time when the arts community struggles for philanthropy." He’s objecting to representatives of the National Endowment for the Arts participating in a conference call looking for ways to stimulate artists to make work pushing the President’s agenda. A faint whiff of partisan impropriety seems to have set off yet another chance to use the arts as a distraction from real issues. Sigh.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015