Based on a blog he read, your Republican Texas Senator, John Cornyn, has grave doubts about the "politicization of the NEA" calling it "particularly dangerous at a time when the arts community struggles for philanthropy." He’s objecting to representatives of the National Endowment for the Arts participating in a conference call looking for ways to stimulate artists to make work pushing the President’s agenda. A faint whiff of partisan impropriety seems to have set off yet another chance to use the arts as a distraction from real issues. Sigh.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015