Woodcarver James D. Phillips chainsawed a couple Ike-killed oak stumps in front of Galveston City Hall into a Dalmation and a fire hydrant last week, but Galveston isn’t the only place that has dead oak trees, nor is it the only place to make art of them. Here’s how they do it in England.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015