Woodcarver James D. Phillips chainsawed a couple Ike-killed oak stumps in front of Galveston City Hall into a Dalmation and a fire hydrant last week, but Galveston isn’t the only place that has dead oak trees, nor is it the only place to make art of them. Here’s how they do it in England.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015