According to Mexican folk Catholicism, the celestial and terrestrial worlds come together once a year, and so do Houston’s artists and those little steel rectangles Lawndale Art Center is ready to hand out again in preparation for this year’s 22nd annual Dia de Los Muertos events. Artists are invited to use the tins, (one sheet per artist, please) to make retablo inspired works by October 8, to be auctioned off at this years Silent Auction/Gala on Friday, October 23, 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015