In a blaze of premature publicity, Houston Mayor Bill White will announce Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet, an outdoor public art/fundraising event at Discovery Green this Tuesday, August 25, at 10:30am. Of course, the show kicks off seven weeks from now, on October 9th, but it takes time to scrape together those $10,000-and-up sponsorship fees. As a teaser, local muralist Suzanne Sellers (market square fruit mural) will put some finishing touches on her 5×7 foot globe for the cameras.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015