The Meadows Art Museum at Dallas’ Southern Methodist University has acquired Sho, a 13-foot-tall stainless-steel mesh head by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa. The 660-pound sculpture will go on display outside the museum’s entrance on October 7. Although the piece honors memory of the late Shirley Pollock, it is supposedly a portrait of a Chinese girl the artist met in Barcelona.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015