The Meadows Art Museum at Dallas’ Southern Methodist University has acquired Sho, a 13-foot-tall stainless-steel mesh head by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa. The 660-pound sculpture will go on display outside the museum’s entrance on October 7. Although the piece honors memory of the late Shirley Pollock, it is supposedly a portrait of a Chinese girl the artist met in Barcelona.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015