UK’s Daily Telegraph reports an attack on the Mona Lisa: a woman threw a coffeee mug she had just purchased at the Louvre’s gift store at the bullerproof glass protecting DaVinci’s masterpiece and was taken away by Paris police for psychological evaluation. Her defense lawyers are hoping for a diagnosis of Stendhal Syndrome, a medical condition in which otherwise sane individuals momentarily lose all reason and attack a work of art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015