UK’s Daily Telegraph reports an attack on the Mona Lisa: a woman threw a coffeee mug she had just purchased at the Louvre’s gift store at the bullerproof glass protecting DaVinci’s masterpiece and was taken away by Paris police for psychological evaluation. Her defense lawyers are hoping for a diagnosis of Stendhal Syndrome, a medical condition in which otherwise sane individuals momentarily lose all reason and attack a work of art.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015