In honor of the opening on Thursday, August 13, of Perspectives 167: Jason Villegas at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, I thought it’d be fun to post a few of the artist’s videos. And I think “fun” is the right choice of words here, even though “disturbing,” “cracked-out” and “my God what the fuck is that?” also would’ve sufficed. You’ll see what I mean in a minute.
This first one features Grimace. And butt sex.
This next one advertises LeTigre brand T-Germ snacks, which help starving children in developing nations overcome molecular breakdown, not to mention being ravaged by diseased tigers.
This one reminds us that lipstick looks like a dog’s penis.
No, Jason! Don’t do it! We don’t want you to go. But if you do die, can I have those awesome pillowcases after you’re gone?
Yeah, I have no idea.
This one is definitely NSFW (as if the others have been squeaky clean).
And finally we have…well, I think the description says it all: “Cosmic anuses expelling defunct electronics katamari as food product and a fat man’s reverse ejaculation.”
also by Roy Neinast
- Daniel Dove at Cherry and Martin - February 13th, 2010
- Serial Killers and Stoners: 10 Facts about Austin’s Moonlight Towers - December 12th, 2009
- Quite the Scene Upstairs at Lawndale - November 26th, 2009
- A Treasury of iPhone Photos from East Austin Studio Tour - November 22nd, 2009
- Celebrating Halloween with 15 Macabre Artists - October 29th, 2009