Texas is surviving the recession better than most states and "Houston is arguably America’s most enthusiastically cosmopolitan city, a place where the future has already arrived," according to a special report on the state in last month’s Economist. It also says Houston is on track replace Chicago as the 3rd largest city in the US by the next census. The statistics aren’t all cheery, however; the education level of Texas’ workforce ranks 41st in the nation and the state has the third-highest poverty rate in the country.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015