Frank Lloyd Wright’s Ennis House is for sale in Los Angeles. If you don’t remember the Mayan temple-esque structure from an architectural survey class, you’ll probably remember it from Bladerunner. A fixer-upper on a grand scale, the house suffered damage from the 1994 Northridge Earthquake and from the epic rainfall of 2004-2005. The Ennis Foundation, the nonprofit that owns and manages the property, can no longer afford to maintain it and is offering it to private buyers for $15 million.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015