Parodies of cheesy motivational office posters will adorn the staff offices of the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston as the exhibition/extravaganza No Zoning:Artists Engage Houston continues tonight. Sysiphus Office, organized by the artist-run project space SKYDIVE and San Francisco-based artist and curator Jonn Herschend, will also bring art to the front desk and the elevator of the CAMH. Jay Giroux’s 99¢ Jesus will open in artist Sharon Engelstein’s Gallery One Three Seven, a portable, 1.37 square foot microgallery. Be there. Thursday, July 23, 2009, 6:30-9:00 p.m., on view through October 4, 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015