Japanese internment camps and racist caricatures, Dallas’ Crow Collection gets edgy with The Return of the Yellow Peril, a survey of the work of Roger Shimomura from 1969 to 2007. Shimomura, a third generation Japanese American, was sent with his family to the Minidoka internment camp at age 3. The artist has channeled that early experience of racism and others into the biting satire of his vivid, pop-influenced work. The exhibition closes Sunday, August 9th.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015