A cautionary tale for anyone given to impulse buys on the high seas. Park West Gallery auctions art on Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines. According to The Independent, Park West is being sued by a London-based family who took a Royal Caribbean cruise and wound up spending $400,000 on an allegedly worthless suite of Salvador Dali prints from the gallery. Other disgruntled cruise ship art buyers have joined the suit.
also by Kelly Klaasmeyer
- Tierney Malone and Robert Hodge at Galveston Arts Center - July 3rd, 2017
- Habsburg Splendor: Great Art and Inbreeding at the MFAH - July 24th, 2015
- Mel Chin: Rematch - March 22nd, 2015
- Buildering: Misbehaving the City - October 9th, 2014
- A Thin Wall of Air: Charles James at the Menil Collection - June 15th, 2014