Getting straight to the heart of the struggle between public ownership of museum art and museum-controlled access to those works, Britain’s National Portrait Gallery has filed a lawsuit against Derrick Coetzee, a graduate student who uploaded photographs of many works in the museum’s collection to Wikipedia.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015