Getting straight to the heart of the struggle between public ownership of museum art and museum-controlled access to those works, Britain’s National Portrait Gallery has filed a lawsuit against Derrick Coetzee, a graduate student who uploaded photographs of many works in the museum’s collection to Wikipedia.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015