Dallas’ Deep Ellum Foundation is looking for 20 artists to repaint the concrete sculptural panels that inhabit the underpass that is the Deep Ellum Art Park. Eleven years after the last repaint, the current "eccentric" artwork is fading and chipped. The Foundation is also going to commission mural work for approximately a dozen of the highway pillars under I-45. Artists can send proposal sketches to the Deep Ellum Foundation by July 24, 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015