Dallas’ Deep Ellum Foundation is looking for 20 artists to repaint the concrete sculptural panels that inhabit the underpass that is the Deep Ellum Art Park. Eleven years after the last repaint, the current "eccentric" artwork is fading and chipped. The Foundation is also going to commission mural work for approximately a dozen of the highway pillars under I-45. Artists can send proposal sketches to the Deep Ellum Foundation by July 24, 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015