Hurrican Ike inundated Galveston with salty, petroleum-laden water that killed 80% of the island’s trees. The Galveston Island Tree Conservancy is looking for woodworkers and artists who could use some free lumber, hoping to save some of the 100 year old oaks from the landfill. Come and get it! (but email first). In exchange, they’re hoping artists who are willing can donate some of their ike-wood creations to a benefit TBA.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015