The Kimbell has commissioned filmmaker Philip Haas to create an installation of five short interpretive films inspired by works in the Kimbell’s collection. BUTCHERS, DRAGONS, GODS & SKELETONS wades into the uncharted jungle somwhere between installation art, education, and criticism. The accompanying book features an essay by the accliamed British writer A. S. Byatt (prize winning author of Possession). The new age of museum-going begins July 18.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015