Bravo, and the producers of the "Top Chef" and "Project Runway" reality TV shows are casting for a art-related version, in which contemporary artists who "believe in their art and want the world to know" compete for a gallery show. Buy your plane tickets: like most other artworld phenomena, casting calls are hitting LA (July 11 &12 at LAXART), New York, and Chicago, but missing Texas. Maybe that’s a good thing?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015