Testsite, the Austin exhibition space arm of the Fluent Collaborative, is taking a sabbatical until 2010, citing "challenging financial times" and a "current restructuring" that has included the departure of Coordinator Kate Watson. For July, Testsite will be open Sundays from noon to 6pm for public viewing and open knitting hours. For the currewnt show, Sheila Pepe and Elizabeth Dunbar have remade testsite into a sewing circle, with knitters gathering every Sunday to transform Pepe’s massive crocheted canopies into a wide variety knitted objects—from scarves to necklaces to arm-warmers. After the final thread of Pepe’s installation has been unraveled, testsite unravels, too.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015