Houston’s Apama Mackey Gallery is hoping to Keep Houston Rich with a low-budget sell-off of local art titled the AMG Visual Stimulus Package. One day only, this Friday, June 19, from 11am-8pm, dozens (hundreds?) of works by desperate local artists (hey, that’s me!) hoping for a miniature cash infusion, will be priced at either $50 or $100. An evening opening/party/sell-a thon with refreshments and music is, of course, open to all you thrifty bargain-art hunters. Her’s a partial list: Casey Arguelles, Tim Brown, Sean Carroll, Rene Cruz, Kara Czepiel, Bill Davenport, Marzia Faggin, Garland Fielder, Sebastian Forray, Lisa Marie Godfrey, Tommy Gregory, Lane Hagood, Rachel Hecker, Michael Henderson, Rick Illingworth, Saba Jawda, Sarah Jawda, Jake Jones, Stephanie Martz, Juan de Dios Mora, Brian Moss, Aaron Munoz, Alex Nguyen, Teresa O’Connor, Kyle Olson, Aaron Parazette, JoAnn Park, Eric Pearce, Smitty Regula, Alex Rubio, Ben Ruggiero, Xochi Solis, Michael Strahan, Zoya Tommy, Y.E. Torres, Kelly Ulcak, Christine West. So you can see why you need to get there early!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015