The first in a new series of outdoor screenings on the Menil lawn happens this Saturday, June 13 at 8:30pm. This time around, it’s rarely seen films and video from the Menil Archives, culled by Aurora Picture show founder Andrea Grover, who is just towelling off from Jacuzzi Movies at Houston’s CAM, tonight at 6:30pm. Saturday’s titles are by a roster of Menil compadres: The Surreal Eye: Max Ernst; Kinetic Cosmos: Jean Tinguely; Marcel Duchamp In His Own Words; Who is The Monster… You or Me?; Video 50 von Robert Wilson; Man Ray; as well as audio excerpts from talks by John and Dominique de Menil, and R. Buckminster Fuller. And all free!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015