Sep-timber. Galveston’s majestic oaks, damaged by Ike’s salty surge last fall, need replanting and Galveston’s Tree Commmittee is looking for a better name than "Galveston Tree Committee" for the effort to do it (when they ought to be looking for a better joke!). They also need a logo, and are asking for artists to submit possible names and logos for consideration. No prizes, no gala award cermeony, but they will thank you publicly. Entries should be mailed to: P.O. Box 2123, Galveston, TX 77553 by Monday, June 15th.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015