Sep-timber. Galveston’s majestic oaks, damaged by Ike’s salty surge last fall, need replanting and Galveston’s Tree Commmittee is looking for a better name than "Galveston Tree Committee" for the effort to do it (when they ought to be looking for a better joke!). They also need a logo, and are asking for artists to submit possible names and logos for consideration. No prizes, no gala award cermeony, but they will thank you publicly. Entries should be mailed to: P.O. Box 2123, Galveston, TX 77553 by Monday, June 15th.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015