Houston’s oldest public artwork, the Monument to Confederate hero, saloonkeeper, and Irish-American Richard W. "Dick" Dowling in Houston’s Hermann Park is getting a scrub. The marble statue, dedicated on St. Patrickís Day in 1905 (think Jedidiah Springfield) will be cleaned with "a gentle system of slow water-misting," as well as replacing some missing details.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015