A recent press release from the University of Houston sets the record straight: UH installed Double Physichromie, a large piece by Carlos Cruz-Diez outside the Welcome Center on the main campus in February, nearly four months before the MFAH’s Cruz-Diez crosswalks! The piece, a serpentine op-art wall set UH back about $200,000 including artist fees, fabrication and shipping, and according to Michael Guidry, curator of the UH collection, was the Paris-based Venezuelan artist’s first US commission. So there!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015