Hey everyone: the "Favify" button on our homepage is the first installment in A Feverish Dream, by Houston artist and 2009 Glasstire Virtual Resident Brian Piana! Click on Favify and see what happens to our hompage — it’s fun! (To undo it, just hit the refresh button.) Piana explains the origin of the Favify button on the Feverish Dream website here.
"Organized within a blog, A Feverish Dream consists of weekly online vignettes inspired largely by the Internet (its design, use, memes), but also politics, culture, news, art, etc. It’s new work created from the Internet, for the Internet, tapping its networking, interactive, and multimedia capabilities." Check back for weekly updates to Piana’s project all summer long!
The Glasstire Virtual Residency is the only program in Texas that supports the creation of computer-generated, online artwork. The $2,000 prize is awarded annually to an artist living in Texas. Submissions for the 2010 residency will open in the fall.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017